Justia Lawyer Rating
American Immigration Lawyers Association
Avvo Clients' Choise Award 2019
Google Rating 4.7
Lawyers of Distinction 2020

Our Services

Русский перевод
Traducción al Español

If you're looking for help with immigration, you can trust the team at Modern Law Group. We have years of experience helping people from all walks of life get the legal assistance they need to make their dreams a reality. We understand the complex process of immigration and will work tirelessly to help you achieve your goals.

Picture of Test

Immigration Services Modern Law Group Provides

For the past decade, we've provided immigration help to thousands of clients - and we have over 10,000 petition approvals. Because we focus only on immigration cases, our team has the experience and knowledge necessary to help you with virtually any aspect of United States immigration, including:

The following sections explain each type of service our firm offers.

Help Getting Fiancé Visas

If you're planning to marry someone who lives overseas, you may need a fiancé visa to bring them to the United States. Also called a K-1 visa, this authorization document allows your fiancé to travel to the United States for the purpose of getting married. To get a fiancé visa, you (the petitioner) must be a U.S. citizen and you must have met your fiancé in person at least once within the past two years. You will also need to prove that you have the financial means to support your fiancé once they arrive in the United States.

Working With an Immigration Attorney to Get a Marriage Visa

U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents who are married to foreigners - that is, people who aren't citizens or green card holders in the United States - often need a marriage visa to bring their spouse into the country. To get a marriage visa, you'll need to file a petition with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). You will also need to prove that you're lawfully married and that you can financially support your spouse.

Getting Green Cards / Permanent Resident Status in the United States

If you want to live and work permanently in the United States, you need to get a green card. Green cards are also sometimes referred to as permanent resident cards, and most people only qualify for them by having a family member or company petition the U.S. government on their behalf. Getting a green card can be a long and complicated process, so it's important to have an experienced immigration attorney on your side.

Getting Asylum in the U.S. With an Immigration Attorney's Help

Asylum is a form of protection that allows people who are fleeing persecution in their home countries to live and work in the United States. To be eligible for asylum, you must be able to prove that you're afraid of being persecuted in your home country because of your race, religion, nationality, political opinion, or membership in a particular social group. You must also be able to show that you're unable or unwilling to return to your home country because of the persecution you face. Because seeking asylum in the United States can be a complex and confusing process, you may wish to work with an experienced immigration attorney on your application.

Getting Your U.S. Citizenship Through Naturalization

If you're a lawful permanent resident of the United States, you may be eligible to apply for U.S. citizenship through a process called naturalization. To be eligible for naturalization, you must have been a permanent resident for at least five years (or three years if you're married to a U.S. citizen). You must also be able to show that you're a person of good moral character, that you have a basic understanding of English, and that you have knowledge of U.S. history and government.

Family Immigration and Visas With Help From a Skilled Immigration Lawyer

Typically, bringing family members to the United States requires a special type of visa. There are a number of different types of family visas, including visas for spouses, children, parents, and other relatives. The process of applying for a family visa can be complicated, so it's important to have an experienced immigration attorney on your side.

Business Visas: Working With an Immigration Attorney

If you want to come to the United States to work (including to start or invest in a business), you'll need a business visa. There are a number of different types of business visas, including visas for investors, entrepreneurs, and executives. If you're working for a private employer or the U.S. government, your employer must sponsor you.

When a business owner wants to bring in foreign workers, they must comply with Department of Labor requirements. The process of sponsoring foreign workers can be complex, and often requires an immigration attorney's help.

Removal of Conditions From Green Cards

If you obtained your green card through marriage, you'll need to file a petition to remove the conditions on your green card after two years have passed. This process is also known as "removing the conditional status" of your green card. To be eligible, you must still be married to and living with your U.S. citizen or permanent resident spouse. Generally, you need to file a joint petition with your spouse, and you both need to attend an interview with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (though there are some exceptions to this rule).

Getting an O-1 Visa With a Lawyer's Help

An O-1 visa is a type of visa that's available to actors, artists, athletes, scientists, musicians, educators and others with specialized training and extraordinary ability in their fields. To be eligible for an O-1 visa, you must have a U.S.-based employer sponsor you; these visas are rare and have stringent requirements, so often, it's easiest to work with an immigration attorney to get one.

Green Cards Through Marriage

If you're married to a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, you may be eligible to apply for a green card. However, the process can be complicated - and even minor errors on your petition could result in a denial. In order to qualify for a green card through marriage, you must prove to the U.S. government that your marriage is genuine; that is, you didn't get married just to obtain an immigration benefit. That's one reason many people choose to hire a lawyer before going through this process.

Working With an Immigration Attorney for Deportation / Removal Defense

People facing deportation or removal from the United States often have the right to a hearing before an immigration judge - and it's often best to have an experienced attorney represent you. During your hearing, you may be able to present evidence and arguments as to why you should be allowed to stay in the United States. Your attorney can help you gather evidence, prepare for your hearing, and present your case in the strongest possible light.

Appealing an Immigration Decision With Help From a Lawyer

When the U.S. denies you immigration benefits - or orders you deported or removed from the United States - you may have the right to appeal that decision. The immigration appeal process can be complex, so it's often best to have an attorney represent you.

Do You Need to Talk to an Attorney About U.S. Immigration?

If you're thinking of immigrating to the U.S., or if you'd like to help a family member or worker come here, we may be able to assist you. Call our office today to schedule your consultation with an experienced and caring immigration attorney who can give you the guidance you need.

Client Reviews
My asylum case worried me very much. After speaking with Mr. Smallcomb, I was much surer that everything would be done ok. He and his staff helped me to file and get my work card. I was lucky to have their help and the price was lower than most lawyers. Adam S.
Very Professional, very thorough and simplified the process so you know what to expect and what is required. Very satisfied with the Modern Law Group, P.C., Thank you. Robert S.
These folks were a critical part of my k1 visa preparation and subsequent parts of the process to eventual citizenship. Additionally, they helped with my stepson green card process. I will definitely use their services as my stepson heads for citizenship. Very professional, extremely competent! Kevin F.