Justia Lawyer Rating
BBB Accredited Business
American Immigration Lawyers Association
Avvo Clients' Choise Award 2019
Google Rating 4.7
Lawyers of Distinction 2020

Green Cards / Permanent Resident Status

How do You Qualify for a Green Card?

After marriage to a US citizen on a fiancé visa / other valid visa typically takes 6-12 months.

Many of our clients are interested in obtaining a Green Card for a loved one. We can help in most situations with what the government refers to as Adjustment of Status.

If you are a US Citizen and your fiance came to the USA with a fiance visa, or if your spouse/fiancé is here or another visa (student, visitor, work etc...), then the Adjustment of Status option is appropriate.

This Adjustment of Status process is what is required to go from being a visa holder to obtaining a 'Green Card' or Permanent Residency.

Once obtained, your 'Green Card" spouse can work, travel in and out of the USA, and begin his or her life here.

The initial card is typically valid for 2 years.

In some cases a similar process can be used to keep a parent on a valid visa here as well. To learn more and discuss your options, feel free to ask.

Call us today for a free consultation 888-902-9285.

Client Reviews
My asylum case worried me very much. After speaking with Mr. Smallcomb, I was much surer that everything would be done ok. He and his staff helped me to file and get my work card. I was lucky to have their help and the price was lower than most lawyers. Adam S.
Very Professional, very thorough and simplified the process so you know what to expect and what is required. Very satisfied with the Modern Law Group, P.C., Thank you. Robert S.
These folks were a critical part of my k1 visa preparation and subsequent parts of the process to eventual citizenship. Additionally, they helped with my stepson green card process. I will definitely use their services as my stepson heads for citizenship. Very professional, extremely competent! Kevin F.