Justia Lawyer Rating
American Immigration Lawyers Association
Avvo Clients' Choise Award 2019
Google Rating 4.7
Lawyers of Distinction 2020

Immigration Lawyers Serving All 50 States

At Modern Law Group, immigration law is our focus. If you or someone you love needs help to either come to, or to remain in the USA, or if you have a business immigration matter, you've come to the right place.

Attorney’s Close Up

Immigration Lawyer - Attorney with Offices in California, New York, Texas, Chicago, Miami, and Tijuana

If you are looking for a top Immigration Attorney, with excellent service and reasonable rates, look no further. We’ve been helping clients obtain fiancé visas, marriage visas, Green Cards, business visas, and Asylum since 2009, in all 50 states. If you are in San Diego, California, - Brooklyn, New York - Miami, Florida - Dallas, Texas or Chicago, Illinois, we’d be happy to sit down with you and discuss your immigration needs in person. Or like most clients, feel free to call us for a complimentary case evaluation or confidential consultation.

We provide full-service immigration lawyer representation, including:

We speak multiple languages, including Russian, Spanish, Tagalog, Kyrgyz, Uzbek, Turkish, Kazakh, Georgian, Chinese, and Kapampangan.

Picture of Test

K1 Fiance Visa

Fiance Visa Lawyer Deron Smallcomb, and his staff, have obtained over 10,000 approvals spanning the past 10 years.

A 'Fiancé Visa' is a visa that allows the fiancé(e) of an American Citizen travel to the USA for a period of 90 days for the purpose of marrying a US Citizen and immigrating to the USA.

If the US Citizen 'Petitioner' marries the foreign citizen 'Beneficiary' during those 90 days, the now spouse is eligible to remain the USA with a Green Card.

  • Do I Qualify for a Fiancé(e) Visa?
  • Are You a Law-Abiding US Citizen?
  • Have You Seen Your Fiancé(e) IN PERSON Within the Past Two (2) Years?
  • Are You Free to Marry?
  • Can You Support Your Fiancé(e) in the USA?

If you think you meet the above K1 fiancé visa qualifications, confirm the details with a fiancé visa attorney. The government is very unforgiving about not only the official forms, but the multitude of supporting documentation required to bring your fiancée to the USA.

Marriage Visa

A 'Marriage Visa' is a visa that allows the spouse of an American Citizen to travel to the USA and receive Permanent Residency / Green Card.

Both parties must meet the minimum qualifications for this immigration benefit. If both the US Citizen and the Foreign Citizen are eligible, we can help you apply for a 'Marriage Visa'.

If your fiancé or spouse is already in the United States legally, there may be other options to keep them in the country and get a Green Card.

Each case is unique, so let an experienced marriage visa lawyer help you to decide which is the best course of action.

Do I Qualify for a Marriage Visa?
  • Are You a Law-Abiding US Citizen?
  • Are You Married or Planning to Marry a Foreign Citizen?
  • Has Your Spouse Obeyed US Immigration Laws?
  • Can You Support Your Fiancé(e) in the USA?

If you think you meet the above qualifications, let an experienced immigration lawyer confirm the details. The government is very unforgiving about not only the official forms, but the multitude of supporting documentation required to be successful.

Asylum and Removal / Deportation Defense

In order to qualify for asylum, you must establish that you are a refugee who is unable or unwilling to return to his or her country of nationality, because of persecution or a well-founded fear of persecution on account of race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or political opinion.

Immigration Attorney Deron Smallcomb and the team at Modern Law Group have helped many Asylum clients and has a success rate far higher than the national average. If you are looking for an asylum lawyer to discuss your case, feel free to give us a call.

If you are here illegally, if the government is trying to deport you, or take away your Green Card, we may be able to help as well. Removal defense is very complicated and only an experienced immigration lawyer should be trusted with your future. Feel free to call us or stop by and of our offices in San Diego, Brooklyn, Dallas, Chicago, Miami, or Tijuana to discuss your situation.

Green Card

Green Cards can be obtained after marriage on a fiancé visa or most other valid visas. Our experienced immigration lawyer and our staff can help you navigate this very unforgiving process, especially when marrying someone on anything but a fiancé visa.

The Green Card process, also known as an Adjustment of Status, is typically not available for someone who entered without inspection, also referred to as an illegal alien. These cases require an I-601 hardship waiver, and our immigration law office can help you with that as well.

However, due to a new executive order, Parole in Place is now available to spouses of US Citizens. This allows certain spouses that entered the country without inspection, to gain status, and ultimately apply for a Green Card. Contact us for more information. 

Business Visas

Finding the right immigration attorney to handle your business visa or investment in America is very important. Whether you are an entrepreneur, investor, or executive that wishes to transfer to the United States, hiring an experienced immigration attorney is key.

Our law office can help you apply for an EB2 NIWL-1 visa, and E-2 visa, or an EB-5 visa, based on your needs. In many cases, this visa can ultimately lead to a Green Card and Permanent Residency in the United States.

If your business is in the arts, athletics, or entertainment, an O-1 visa may be appropriate for you. We have successfully handled these immigration matters in the past and we are confident our legal team can help qualified clients in the future.

Citizenship / Naturalization

Citizenship is obtained at birth if you are born in the United States. If not, you can acquire citizenship in more than one way. Most of our clients obtain citizenship through marriage or by being a Green Card holder for a period of time.

Once you have been a Permanent Resident / Green Card holder for 3 years, and you are still married to the same US Citizen, you can apply for Citizenship. If you have been a Green Card holder under other circumstances, you can file after 5 years.

Once you receive your citizenship, you will have all of the rights therein, including a US Passport and the right to vote in general and local elections.

Let our law office help you determine if you are eligible. If you are in San Diego or Brooklyn, New York, top immigration lawyer Deron Smallcomb can accompany you to your citizenship interview.

Founded by Deron E. Smallcomb back in 2009 and as a Law Office since 2012, the San Diego, New York, Dallas, Chicago, and Miami based Law Office focuses on Family Based Immigration & Asylum Law throughout the country, garnering 10,000+ approvals to date.

Client Reviews
My asylum case worried me very much. After speaking with Mr. Smallcomb, I was much surer that everything would be done ok. He and his staff helped me to file and get my work card. I was lucky to have their help and the price was lower than most lawyers. Adam S.
Very Professional, very thorough and simplified the process so you know what to expect and what is required. Very satisfied with the Modern Law Group, P.C., Thank you. Robert S.
These folks were a critical part of my k1 visa preparation and subsequent parts of the process to eventual citizenship. Additionally, they helped with my stepson green card process. I will definitely use their services as my stepson heads for citizenship. Very professional, extremely competent! Kevin F.
Contact Us
  1. 1 Confidential Consultation
  2. 2 Over 99% Approval Rating
  3. 3 Over 10,000 Approvals

Fill out the contact form or call us at 888-902-9285 to schedule your consultation.