Justia Lawyer Rating
American Immigration Lawyers Association
Avvo Clients' Choise Award 2019
Google Rating 4.7
Lawyers of Distinction 2020

K1 Fiance Visa for Military

K1 Fiance Visa for Military

U.S. Military members are often stationed overseas in many locations around the world. So it is no surprise that many members of the Armed Forces often enter romantic relationships or marriages with individuals from another country. It may seem difficult to keep a long-distance relationship going however, there are options that will allow your significant other to enter the U.S. and reside in the country with you permanently.

For those active-duty members deployed overseas who are engaged to a non-US citizen, the K-1 Fiancé(e) visa process is an option for you. The K-1 Fiancé(e) visa will allow your fiancé(e) to travel to the U.S. for a period of 90 days with the intent to marry and immigrate to the U.S. If your fiancé(e) has children under the age of 21, they may also be eligible to immigrate to the U.S. at the same time.

K1 Fiance Visa for MilitaryFor individuals who are already married or are considering marriage to a non-US citizen, the CR-1 Spousal visa is your best option. This visa allows the spouse of a U.S. citizen to travel to the U.S. and receive permanent residency (in other words, your spouse will receive a Green Card). If you and your spouse have children under 21, they are also eligible to immigrate to the U.S. and receive permanent residency.

For active-duty members with orders to deploy, your spousal or fiancé(e) visa petition may be eligible for expedition. A copy of your orders along with a request to expedite may grant your fiancée or spouse quicker processing of their petition and reduction in your time apart.

More information on both Fiancé(e) and Spousal visas can be found here on our website under the tab titled “Our Services”.

Client Reviews
My asylum case worried me very much. After speaking with Mr. Smallcomb, I was much surer that everything would be done ok. He and his staff helped me to file and get my work card. I was lucky to have their help and the price was lower than most lawyers. Adam S.
Very Professional, very thorough and simplified the process so you know what to expect and what is required. Very satisfied with the Modern Law Group, P.C., Thank you. Robert S.
These folks were a critical part of my k1 visa preparation and subsequent parts of the process to eventual citizenship. Additionally, they helped with my stepson green card process. I will definitely use their services as my stepson heads for citizenship. Very professional, extremely competent! Kevin F.